1. Devotion- We are devoted to the Word of God, the Will of God, the Spirit of God, and to the Vision of God.
- The Word of God is truth, life, and power. It has stood the test of time, scrutiny from all sides, and continues to change the lives and hearts of those that read and apply it.
- The Will of God isn’t always the easiest to handle, but it is always good. “He knows the plans He has for us” Jer 29:11 and our job is simple, to trust Him.
- Jesus said He had to leave so that the Holy Spirit could come Jn 16:17; so, He was sent from heaven to us, for us. The Spirit of God was given to empower us in our call to spread the Gospel, defeat hell, and grow the Kingdom of God.
- The Vision of God is not complicated. He wants His children to have a relationship with Him, their Father; to break the curse of sin and death that came at the fall of man, and to extend His Kingdom to earth. It’s for this vision that Christ established the Church, and we are the on-going fulfillment of it.
2. Relationship- Loving God means we love people.
- Through God’s word we learn that we are called His beloved, His bride, His wormanship, His friends, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and children. Each of these names show that we are in relationship with God, and each other. We are commanded by Jesus to “love God” and to “love our neighbor as yourself.” In the beginning God made sure that man had a suitable partner, and that it "wasn't good for man to be alone," so, if relationships are important Him, they should be important to us too. We are not the sum of our cliques; we are family and eash one of us represents a part of the whole “body of Christ,” and each part is significant.
3. Influence- We were set to make a God sized mark on our world. This goes beyond, but does not exclude, the point of inner church ministry; it goes into every area of our lives. Every area in life is an area where we can leave our mark, individually and as a church. In order for us to influence our world, we must:
- Demonstrate the love of God in how we treat others in our church, in our community, and in our home.
- Demonstrate the grace of God, for we know that we are all sinners that have been saved by His grace.
- Demonstrate the Goodness of God, for it’s His goodness that leads men to repentance.
- Demonstrate the generosity of God, who did not withhold anything from us. Therefore, we will be generous in the things He has blessed us with, like our time and finances.
- We will also demonstrate the Power of God as He commissioned us to do. We will strive to be naturally supernatural and to touch our world, as we stretch our hands to heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out devils, cleanse leapers, to care for widows and orphans, seeking and imparting heaven on earth.
4. Virtue- As believers, we represent the Kingdom of God, we are "ambassadors" for Him.
- As such, let’s represent Him in such a way that others are drawn to Him, not pushed away, let our lights shine so bright that others would see Him.(Matt 5:16) As men and women of God we should be leading lives of integrity in all avenues of life. As business owners and leaders, to students; from corporate to blue collar; from politicians to athletes; from children to parents; college graduate to school dropout, wherever and whoever you are. “Whatever you do in word or dead, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus…”Col 3:17
- Virtue also has a second aspect to it. On different occasions in scripture it mentiions "virtue" going out of Jesus, so, virtue also has a side that is one of power. When we go out, we go out with the full power of the Kingdom backing us.
5. Enthusiasm- true enthusiasm is on found en(in) thous(God)
- It's not jsut about being excited about something for a moment. It's about the life on the inside of us, showing up on the outside.
- Jesus showed His passion for us by enduring the cross, and raising to life three days later; His passion is an all-in type passion. So, following His example and lead, we will have that same type of passion in return and live an all-in life to our Lord.
These are the things that are driving us become all that God has set for us to be, to reach all that He has set for us to reach, and impact our world the way He has set for us to impact it.